Kids often have wild imaginations, and they frequently say the most unexpected things. They’re a hoot and a half, and can really surprise you with their humor.
However, sometimes they can be anything other than funny, charming or cute – they can be quite scary too.
In a reddit thread, parents have posted some of the scariest and creepiest things that their children have said. Some of these quotes will make you shake in your boots!
If you scare easily, you might not want to read on!
1. I was tucking in my two-year-old. He said, “Goodbye, dad.”
I said, “No, we say ‘good night’ when we go to sleep.”
He said “I know. But this time it’s goodbye.”
2. My toddler went through a phase where she would just constantly say ‘hi’ to things. “Hi hi hi hi hi hi…”
One day, it came out sounding more like, “Die die die die die”.
So I say to her, “What’s that you’re saying?”
And she turns to face me and just whispers “Diiiieeeeeee…”
3. While changing my daughter in front of the open closet door, she kept looking around me and laughing. I asked her what was so funny.
She said, “The man.”
To which I replied, “What man?”
She then pointed at the closet and said, “The man with the snake neck.”
4. My son once said, “Before I was born here, I had a sister, right? Her and my other Mom are so old now. They were OK when the car was on fire, but I sure wasn’t.”
5. My 3 year old daughter holding her baby brother for the first time:
“So, should I throw him in the fire?”
6. I jokingly asked, “What’s the best way to get a girlfriend?”
My 7-year-old’s response: “Tell her to be my girlfriend or she’ll never see her parents again.”
7. When my son was 4, we were watching a documentary on the Titanic. The scene was a picture of the schematics of the boiler room and the camera panned from left to right over the plans. He pointed at the TV and said, “That’s wrong. The boilers were on the other side. And I was right here.”
And he pointed to a small space in the boiler room.
“That’s where I was. And that’s why I don’t like water now.”
8. Not my kid, but I was at a friend’s house when his 4 year old cousin was getting ready to go to bed. He walked around, giving everyone hugs goodnight, and I said to him “Sweet dreams.”
Then he stopped at the top of the stairs, turned around with a very serious face and said, “I’ll control your dreams and make them nightmares.”
9. My niece was sitting on the couch with a weird look on her face. Her mom asked her what she was thinking about, and she said, “I’m imagining the waves of blood rushing over me.”
Turns out they had been at a local science museum, and one of the features was a walk among some giant fake blood vessels, and she was remembering that.
10. A friend of mine’s child told him, “Daddy, I love you so much that I want to cut your head off and carry it around so I can see your face whenever I want.”
11. My daughter was crying, so I asked her what was wrong.
She replied, “Bad man.”
I asked, “What bad man?”
“There.” She pointed behind me at a dark corner of the room.
I turned to look the dark corner where she was pointing, and suddenly the lamp on bookshelf fell off just as I looked.
My daughter slept in our bed that night.
12. My 3 year old son was cuddling with his grandmother and being very sweet. He takes her face in his hands, and brings his face close to hers, then tells her, “You’re very old – and you’re going to die soon…”
Then he slowly turns to look at the clock.
13. My 3 year old daughter stood next to her newborn brother. She looked at him for a while, then turned to look at me and said, “Daddy, it’s a monster… we should bury it.”
These stories were both creepy and strange, but kids are still great! SHARE if you agree!